Wednesday, August 09, 2006
School time...
Well, it is that time of year again! We have gotten all the school supplies set and ready for the first day of school on August 17th. The school gives us a list of items for each grade. Some things are required and others are optional...of course my kids want to have all the stuff. Kyle needed a bigger backpack this year...those seventh grade books are bigger, ya know. :-) We took a tour of the middle school a few days ago and found out what "team" Kyle will be on. He is very happy to be on the Platinum team again although they scramble all the kids each year so he does not have any of his friends on his team. The school divides the 675 seventh graders into teams of 60-70 kids so that they feel like they are in a smaller group. He will have three main teachers and he is also continuing with band this year. He still enjoys his trumpet! Jake is starting fifth grade this year. WOW! How time flies. He is looking forward to being on safety patrol and wearing the authoritative orange vest that allows him to tell other kids not to run, among other rules. He will have the same teacher he had last year and most of the same kids so the transition should be very easy for him. In September he gets to pick what instrument he wants to play for the school band. Allie is going into second grade and she got the teacher she wanted. I think it will be a good fit for her and we have seen her teacher several times at the community pool this summer. This year Allie will learn cursive writing and start multiplication. Our little girl is growing up! I am going back to school at the end of the month at Upper Iowa University. They have a Des Moines location so I will attending classes nearby. I am also going to be working at the middle school. Should be busy but doable. Kyle is excited to have me at his school and I look forward to getting to know the middle school arena a little better. I will be working with sixth grade special education students so I will not be in the same area as Kyle but I am sure we'll see each other in the halls. Well, that is all for today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
YeeHa! Love the layout and love your blog! I'm excited about your upcoming studies - what an adventure that will be! What grade level do you want to teach? And thanks for letting me be your first official comment! woo hoo!
Welcome to the exciting world of blogging! That's great you are going back to school...I'm sure you'll enjoy it!
Thanks Jeannie! I need to figure out how to link everyone's blog to mine.
Are you insane?!?! Going back to school and working at a Jr. High. Are you sure you aren't too old for this?!?! Just kidding...That's awesome!! I'm glad you were able to find a job at one of your kid's schools. Mac won't be heading back to school until Sept 5th so we still have a few weeks of summer left!! Enjoy the quiet home after the 17th!
Thanks for the encouraging comments, everyone!
BTW, Karrie...if I am old then....well, you get the picture. :-) You seriously need to update your blog sisterchick!
Oh yay!!!!! I could almost not believe my eyes when I saw I could click on your name in my comment section. What a wonderful treat. Love you all and wish we could've seen you last month... I TRULY can not believe how old your children are... makes me kinda sad... Well, love to all you Roode's!!!
Okay, you have a point. What do you mean I need to update my blog...I updated it just over a year ago...what kind of spare time do you think I have?!?!?! I suppose, I could try to do something on it again. Honestly, I forgot I even had it...
Post a Comment