Sunday, October 22, 2006

Ready for some Football?



Hello! I can't believe how long it has been since I last posted. I have been swamped with stuff to do and sadly keeping up with a blog has not been top priority. Shocking, I know. We have been busy with sports the past six weeks. Praise God that both youth soccer and junior football in our quaint little town only last six weeks. Kyle played soccer but today my focus will be football. The boys have finally crossed over to the testosterone laden side. I should have known that it would happen some day. It could no longer be put off. Actually, anything is better than "Fairly Odd Parents" or "Naruto." So we watch football and we play football....every day. I wake up to ESPN, I have to be referee to backyard football games, and they actually play "Backyard Football" on the computer. Allie and I are having lots of time for visits to the nail salon and watching "Cheetah Girls." This is of course when we were not driving to practice or watching games. It is actually really fun. I never thought I'd enjoy football. I don't actually understand it but I now appreciate it more.

Jake did a great job this season although his coach kept him on defense the entire year.
apparently he was one of the few that would actually dive and jump on the other kids with no fear. He sacked the quarterback on a regular basis. Go Jake! He is number 65 in the above pictures.

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

ah, the joys of boys! how fun!