I was thinking about how Oprah always does those shows highlighting her favorite things. They are almost all things that no normal person would purchase. Something like $200.00 brownies or $50.00 socks. This year she decided not to do it because she wanted to give people money and then have them back on the show and see how they spent it to help others. I have no idea if that show has already passed because I hardly ever watch Oprah, but that not my point. LOL I thought I would list some of my favorite things. I may not have the same clout as Oprah but some of these things may actually be of interest to people I know. Unfortunately you do not have any of these things hidden under your chair. :-)
Scripture Sleuth books, by Mat Halverson - these are great books. The writing is pretty good, but the real treat is that each chapter is like a short story with a mystery to be solved by a Bible toting 10 year old. The cool thing is that the readers look up the verse in their own Bible to solve the mystery. If you have kids ages 5-12 you really need to check it out. http://www.scripturesleuth.com
Gap Curvy cut jeans – awesome! If you have curves you need these jeans. They are smaller in the waist but have extra room in the booty.
Mary Kay 3 in 1 Time Wise Cleanser – Works great and the price is reasonable. If you need a Mary Kay salesperson I can hook you up with my friend, Karrie.
Campbell’s Supper Bakes – these are great for a quick and easy meal. You actually layer the ingredients in the pan and then just pop the pan in the oven. Our favorite is the Herbed Chicken with Rice.
Clorox Wipes – When these first came out I thought how lazy are people now? They can’t be bothered to spray and then wipe? But these are great for the kids to be able to clean up after themselves safely. We have them in each bathroom and the kitchen.
Night at the Museum – This is a great movie. This will be a family classic. Every member of our family enjoyed it! (Ages 39-7…not an easy feat!) If you have not already gone to see it, go! It is worth it to see it on the big screen, and it is a VERY clean movie.
Walgreen’s online photo center – I like this because I can download my pictures off my camera, go to their site, order prints, and have them in an hour.
Dove Dark Chocolate – Good for you and tastes great!
“Focus on Your Child” by Focus on the Family – this program was offered for free but now they are requesting a once a year donation of $24.99. It is a very encouraging parenting resource. I receive newsletters and CD’s with radio programs about parenting and marriage. Each one is on a different topic and you receive the ones that apply to your children’s ages.
Dried Tomato and Garlic Pesto Mix from Tastefully Simple – if you like pesto sauce you’ll love this. It is a quick and easy lunch that is not kiddie-fied.
I am sure I have more favorite things but these are the ones that I can think of off the top of my head. Do you have a neat thing you have discovered that others may not know about? Go ahead and post it in the comment section.
Happy New Year everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment