Saturday, November 11, 2006

Livin' On a Prayer

I was just thinking this past weekend about how glad I am that I have a daughter. I remember really feeling "in the zone" parenting my two precious boys. I could handle worms without freaking out and I have learned to throw a football. I enjoy all the things that being a mom to boys brings. (although puberty is not all that fun) God knew that I needed a girl to keep me company in this testosterone filled house.
Allie is at an age that is so fun! Not that Kyle and Jake aren't, but it is very different. I get notes handed to me out of the blue that say things like "I love you because you tuck me in at night!" Or she'll want to style my hair with her little pony holders. She loves getting girly and going to the nail salon with me. Allie usually picks some crazy combination of colors. She'll do a French manicure with orange and blue. :-) She loves to sing and dance. She's always very fair, and takes turns being Troy when we play "High School Musical." One new one I heard the other day was "Wow, Mommy, I didn't know you could shake it like that!" Too funny! (I'm quite sure I wasn't shaking anything on purpose! :-) )Allie is just now getting the point that she really likes music. Not just because it's fun to listen to, but also because she has an appreciation for it. I remember having that epiphany when I was about eleven years old. Though I did have "Rhinestone Cowboy" memorized at age six, it is nothing like Allie and her friends.
Did you know that Allie has a band? It's called "Best Friends" and it is with our neighbors, Sarah and Rachel. We did a photo shoot a couple months ago and I thought I would share. Allie's favorite song to sing with the band is "You better Shop Around." I also found out that Bon Jovi has a praise and worship song. We were driving home from dance with two of her friends and they start shouting to me that they want to hear the Bon Jovi praise and worship. HUH? Turns out that they thought that "Livin' on a Prayer" was a worship song. Well, I am praising God for my little girl! ooooohhh, oooohh livin' on a praaaayer



I told them to act cool! LOL

This is an action shot!
Cover shot for the "Best Friends" CD ;-)

4 comments:

Jeannie said...

How cute is this?!?! What a little lady she has become. I had my 9 yr. old niece here last night and it was so nice to have a little sweetness in the house. She's our gymnastic star.

Love ya!

Carrie said...

Allie is so cute! I am really enjoying Lauren...even though she can't really "do" anything yet, but I know that we are going to have so much fun together! I can't wait to do her hair (she's finally starting to get some!) and have her do mine and paint her nails, etc...all that girly stuff! Yea girls!

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

We are living parallel lives with our one girl and two boys. Really, you could have been describing Emmy. Wish you lived closer....

Janine said...

I agree, girls are so cool! :-) I remember when Peggy C told me I had to have one. She was so cold-stone serious! She told me about the "love notes" I would get. LOL She was right! I wish we all lived closer to each other, Holly. I miss those days.