On the pier!
The four cousins on Zach's last day.
Looking at the sharks! Yikes! We were swimming not far from here.
Grown ups can be silly too!
Besides seeing family we had some great times. We went to the beach, the Ripley's Aquarium, Broadway at the Beach, water park, and some souvenir shopping. It was a very nice time away from the busyness of everyday life. I am still taking classes all summer and had to miss a week. Of course we planned this long before I knew what my classes would be like and these were two classes that were hard to miss. I did write three papers while we were gone. Lowell and I decided to take the plunge and build a house. It's not a dream house but pretty close! :-) It should be a house we can live in for at least the next 10 years. Making the decision to stay in Iowa was bittersweet. We'd love to be back closer to family and friends that are so dear to us, but Iowa is a great place to raise a family. We enjoy so much about living here that it makes it much easier to accept. Now I am just going through all the fun, fun, stuff of trying to sell a house and pick things for the new house. Good problem to have though, huh?


4 comments:
Jason is having a cow over here- is Jake wearing a BUCKEYES!!!!!!! t-shirt???? Holy crap! Also-I'm a little sad to hear your building a house but happy at the same time. Love all the pictures!
Thanks, Holly! Yes, can you believe we have a Buckeye fan in the family? :-)
Looks like you guys had a great time! Are you coming to Kalamazoo at all this summer? I keep telling Kim I would love to meet you in person since I have been keeping up with/stalking your family for over a year!:)
Sue Simpson
Susan, we are coming for the 4th. We have a tight schedule but if you find yourself over at Kim's give me a call at Donna's. They live right across the street. :-)
Post a Comment